Everyone keeps talkin about how today is an historic day... it is, lets just hope it goes our way. =) Damn look at them time, sorry it took sooo long to write this morning was a busy morning in the work place. In other news Evelyn is getting married today is Maui.. how exciting. Brendizzy and Xavier should be going home today (Yay) they'll be sooo much more closer.
On a sadder note, I was driving back to work from Stater Bros. and I saw and older black man in a wheel chair pushin himself across the street, he had no legs, the light turned green and he wasn't fully across yet, and some big raised black truck started to take off, I was like "don't you freaken see him"... and I looked at the bumper of the truck and it had a McCain-Palin bumper sticker on it (figures). I was like if I was the man in the wheel chair I woulda flipped off the driver. Instead the man waved like saying (I'm sorry) and tried to go a little faster (I woulda gone slower). Anywho I drove slowly to make sure the man made it up the sidewalk safely and to my surprise he had an Obama sticker on the back of his wheel chair that said CHANGE FOR THE GOOD. . . and that is exactly what that man demonstrated by not getting pissed at the driver. . . makes you think 1) How does your actions reflect the leadership we've had 2)How does your actions reflect the new leadership we are hopeful for 3)Are you grateful you have legs and 4) How many of us truly need to be like the man in the wheel chair?
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Historic Day
Posted by Felicia at 12:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment