Leaders and Loving Supporters »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Your Environment Does Not Define You

Your environment does not define you, unless you allow it to. Where you came from, what you been thru or what you're going thru is your environment. Use your current position in life, no matter how negative it may seem, as inspiration to push you forward or you can use it as an excuse to stay where you are and do nothing. Everyone is going to make mistakes, no one is perfect, what's more important than the mistake you make is what you learn from it and how you can use it to never make that mistake again. Some people come from a background where their families were in a gang or did drugs and they let that define them, they set it up in their brain that they have to go join that gang, or they have to try that drug. You can't think like this, you must rise above it and use that environment to motivate you to better yourself. Seing those people go down that road, you know what the possible out comes are - Jail, hurting the people you love, or death. Use this information to motivate yourself and tell yourself you won't go down that same road. I've made some horrible mistakes, and everytime I feel I'm rising above the environment I came from, I end up doing something that makes me "just like them". But I learn from my mistakes and I move forward, I don't stay there in that place, I will use this experience to make sure I never do it again. I have lost someone that I love so very much because of my mistakes, I have scared those that I love and I pushed them away. I have learned thru my mistake how important these people are, and how I won't ever hurt them the same way ever again. Because I will not allow myself to make that same mistake. My environment right now is kinda weak-kinda dark, but I will not let that define me, I will rise above with the help of the Lord and proceed forward. My focus right now is to use my life experiences this far and better myself, my issues, my thoughts, and my future environment.

Psalms 5:9 Guide me, O Lord, in Your righteousness. On account of my foes, make my way straight before me.

0 comments: