Leaders and Loving Supporters »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

*SMH* Amazes Me

Now I'm def not a political person - never was too interested in it aside from the fact that it effects me and my life of coarse, but I was watching the news this morning and saw that Meg Whitman put $71 Million of her own money into her campaing for Republican Primary for California Govenor, and she stated that she plans on putting $150 million of her own money into campaigning to be chosen over Edmund "Jerry" Brown for the California Govenor.... wow you just have $221 Mill to just through into campaigning huh?... why don't they put a budget on how much money you can spend on campaigning and then say they have to donate $100 Million to charities.. omg dude do you know how many charities, or people in need could benefit off this money that you are throwing into a campaign to win?? Seriously, Evelyn and her family had practically a 2 month campaign going to raise money, hosting events, and all kinds of stuff to help those with Lukemia and Lymphoma.. she won because she raised a total of $61,000 (and some change - that isn't the exact number) and that amount was the most raised... RAISED... and these people are just THROWING money into their campaign... man you could donate a Million, JUST one million and make such a difference in the studies, research, and testing for so many diseases... its so disgusting, I know people talk about if they had money they would do this and do that, but never pull through, I guarantee you, if I ever came up on good money, I would def contribut some of it to worthy foundations. AAAAhhhh - ok sorry, that was my vent.. thanks for reading .. =)

0 comments: