Leaders and Loving Supporters »

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November Newsletter *Exciting News*


Dear Family and Friends,

     I am honored to share some exciting news with you, I have been nominated to be a candidate for the Orange County/Inland Empire Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign. This is a prestigious honor that only a select few get to participate in, and I have been blessed to be asked to be apart of it. I am hoping that you will show your support in my effort to help LLS find a cure for blood cancers.

My dear friend, Evelyn Erives, the 2010 LLS Woman of the Yr, nominated me. I helped with Evelyn's campaign in 2010, with the 2011 Woman of the Yr Nicole Orellana's campaign, and this year I participated in the LLS Light the Night walk and helped raise money for the cause. I love everything about LLS and what it represents so when I was informed of the nomination I knew I had to accept and participate in this meaningful campaign.   



An estimated 957,902 people in the US are living with, or are in remission from blood cancers like Leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, NHL, or myeloma. You may know someone who had or is currently battling these diseases. LLS raises funds to help find a cure for these blood cancers, as well as assists patients and their families as they battle these diseases.

My campaign to be Woman of the Year is about dollars raised. Every dollar I raise is a vote for me and is a step closer to curing cancer. The candidate with the most money raised wins. This is where you come in:

I will be executing different events to raise funds such as: a State line turn around trip, a Bingo event, a Treatment & benefit night at a Spa/Salon and more. There are also other ways of helping. For the next few weeks, I will be gathering items to raffle and/or auction off during my events such as: gift baskets, trips, vacation packages (hotel, cabin, and timeshares), gift certificates, etc. I will also be looking for people that will be able to donate their time for at least one event and be a part of my team "Leaders & Loving Supporters". Online monetary donations will be an option starting March 8th at 12:01 am; If you would like to donate prizes or auction items to help the campaign, please email me. I would love to hear from you!

All donations (monetary, goods/services) are tax deductible.

Thank you so much in advance for your help and support,

Felicia Alcaraz 
FeliciaAlcaraz@Live.com
**Be sure to "like" my Facebook Page also =)


0 comments: